The vagrant-dpuk-node project was developed using the default Virtualbox provider for Vagrant. It has also been successfully used with the digitalocean provider and the KVM (libvirt) provider, though not without some contortions. This page details the contortions.
We have successfully tested running KVM with CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 15.04. These instructions apply to CentOS 7.
- Install Centos (if not already done)
- Install KVM
- Install Vagrant
- Install prerequisites for libvirt provider: `sudo yum install -y gcc libvirt-devel`
- Install libvirt provider: `vagrant plugin install vagrant-libvirt`
- Install mutate vagrant plugin: `vagrant plugin install vagrant-mutate`
- Install rekey-ssh vagrant plugin: `vagrant plugin install vagrant-rekey-ssh`
- Download trusty64 box: `vagrant box add trusty64 https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/vagrant/trusty/current/trusty-server-cloudimg-amd64-vagrant-disk1.box`
- Mutate trusty64 box so that it can be used by the libvirt provider: `vagrant mutate trusty64 libvirt`
At this stage you are ready to use the install instructions from the dpuk node vagrant project. If you already have virtualbox installed then you will need to the add the provider switch when you get to `vagrant up`, i.e. `vagrant up –provider=libvirt`